Monday, August 23, 2010

Solutions

I often wonder how such wonderful people end up choosing some of the most dysfunctional people to marry. I've seen it time and time again. A kind wonderful person ends up with a depressed, whining loser or loud, obnoxious, abusive, manipulative jerk. 
Most people know someone like this. These people so wonderful and great then when you meet their spouse and it leaves you wondering how in the heck the two found each other let alone decided to spend their lives together. I know several women who have done the same thing as my sister, but it isn't just a female trait. I have seen it happen with males as well.
So why is this? What happens that creates this? Well I can give you the reasons my sister married Richard because I've asked her and although she list several one of the main reasons was fear. She was afraid.
Of what you might asked? Well for one she was afraid of being alone. She was afraid that if she didn't marry Richard she would always be alone. The next reason she gave was she felt pressured to get married. So on top of being afraid of being alone she also felt the pressure to settle down and start a family. Probably not the best combination to have when choosing a spouse, but there are worse reasons out there by far.
So now that she knows this about herself how does she prevent it from happening again?
No really, how? I'm asking so I don't get stuck with another loser like Dick.
You see it all the time. A person gets out of a bad relationship just to jump unto another one just as bad or worse.

My solution....arranged marriages. I believe you should one chance to choose your spouse on your own, but if you end up choosing a dud then it's your families (friends if your family is crazy) turn to pick the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment