Saturday, September 4, 2010

My New Saying

Sometimes when life gets hard we tend to want to blame other people. So and so didn't follow through so now my life is hard. I couldn't get this done because so and so didn't do their part.  So and So took a knife to six of my tires and got away with it. Any of this sounding familiar?

The last several weeks have brought some hardships for me. None of them alone would have caused much of an issue, but with each hardship hitting one right after another I've really had to sit down and think about life. I've ponder why bad things happen to good people and why when people do what they should they don't seem to get the rewards they deserve.

Why is this?

After asking myself this I think I've come up with an answer and that answer is this "You're Not Special".

Now don't get me wrong. We are all individuals and all have things about us that are unique, but we aren't special when it comes to the ups and downs of life. We are all going to have to face hardships in our lives. We are all going to have bad things happen to us even when we don't feel we deserve it. Life is hard and there isn't a promise that if we are extra nice that we won't have to face our own trials in life.

So the next time you are feeling picked on and you don't think you deserve all the things that are happening to you remember this, "You're Not Special". It will save you a lot of heartache knowing that you're not the only one suffering out in the world. We all get our fair share of disappointments and trials. 

1 comment:

  1. This attitude has actually served me well in life. I don't usually wallow in my trials because of this simple phrase.

    ReplyDelete